Applications for Semester 2 accommodation in 2017 are now being accepted. Click on link to start the application process: Application for Accommodation
Are you eligible to apply?
- Current or future student of the University of Otago.
- Prospective students from other institutions may apply for limited places in City College & Salmond College.
- For helpful information please check out our flowchart about the application process.
When to apply
Full Year and Semester One
- Applications open 1 August for full academic year accommodation.
- Study Abroad/Exchange students may apply from the 1 August for Semester 1
- Postgraduate students are welcome to apply at any time for accommodation at Abbey College.
- Applications open 1 April each year.
- Full academic year accommodation in the Residential Colleges should be made before the end of September.
- International Students eligible for Semester One accommodation should apply before 1 December each year.
- Applications received after these dates may be considered as places become available.
- The University of Otago requires accommodation applications to be made online.
- This is a seperate process to applying to study on eVision.
- Students applying for an undergraduate college and attended a New Zealand secondary school in 2015 or 2016 require a Common Confidential Reference Form completed by their school on their behalf. Please use this link to make an online request for this document: Online CCRF Request
- Students that did not attend a New Zealand secondary school but attended school in 2015 or 2016 need to print the CCRF PDF file and complete section A then forward it to their school for completion: CCRF PDF File
- Students applying for an undergraduate college and have not been attending or attended secondary school in the past 2 years are required to provide two character references. These are attached to the accommodation application and must be provided to be considered for a place in a residential college.
- Students that are transferring from another Tertiary Institution will be considered for a place once they have an unconditional academic offer from the University of Otago.
General Terms and Conditions
The University of Otago owns and manages the following undergraduate Residential Colleges: Aquinas College, Arana College, Carrington College, Cumberland College, Hayward College, Studholme College, Te Rangi Hiroa College, Toroa College and University College.