Applications for accommodation in 2017 may be made from the 1 August 2016. Click on link to start the application process: Application for Accommodation
Are you eligible to apply?
- Current or future student of the University of Otago.
- Prospective students from other institutions may apply for limited places in City College & Salmond College.
- For helpful information please check out our flowchart about the application process.
When to apply
Full Year and Semester One
- Applications open 1 August for full academic year accommodation.
- Study Abroad/Exchange students may apply from the 1 August for Semester 1
- Postgraduate students are welcome to apply at any time for accommodation at Abbey College.
- Applications open 1 April each year.
- Full academic year accommodation in the Residential Colleges should be made before the end of September.
- International Students eligible for Semester One accommodation should apply before 1 December each year.
- Applications received after these dates may be considered as places become available.
- The University of Otago requires accommodation applications to be made online.
- This is a seperate process to applying to study on eVision.
- Students applying for an undergraduate college and attended a New Zealand secondary school in 2015 or 2016 require a Common Confidential Reference Form completed by their school on their behalf. Please use this link to make an online request for this document: Online CCRF Request
- Students that did not attend a New Zealand secondary school but attended school in 2015 or 2016 need to print the CCRF PDF file and complete section A then forward it to their school for completion: CCRF PDF File
- Students applying for an undergraduate college and have not been attending or attended secondary school in the past 2 years are required to provide two character references. These are attached to the accommodation application and must be provided to be considered for a place in a residential college.
- Students that are transferring from another Tertiary Institution will be considered for a place once they have an unconditional academic offer from the University of Otago.
General Terms and Conditions
The University of Otago owns and manages the following undergraduate Residential Colleges: Aquinas College, Arana College, Carrington College, Cumberland College, Hayward College, Studholme College, Te Rangi Hiroa College, Toroa College and University College.
2016 Contract Payment Schedule for Aquinas, Arana, Carrington, Cumberland, Hayward, Studholme, Toroa, University College