Are you eligible to apply?
- Current or future student of the University of Otago.
- Prospective students from other institutions may apply for limited places in City College & Salmond College.
- For helpful information please check out our flowchart about the application process.
When to apply
Full Year and Semester One
- Applications open 1 August for full academic year accommodation.
- Study Abroad/Exchange students may apply from the 1 August for Semester 1
- Postgraduate students are welcome to apply at any time for accommodation at Abbey College.
- Applications open 1 April each year.
- Full academic year accommodation in the Residential Colleges should be made before the end of September.
- International Students eligible for Semester One accommodation should apply before 1 December each year.
- Applications received after these dates may be considered as places become available.
Important Links for University of Otago Residential Colleges
The University of Otago owns and manages the following undergraduate Residential Colleges: Aquinas College, Arana College, Carrington College, Cumberland College, Hayward College, Studholme College, Te Rangi Hiroa College, Toroa College and University College.
The following links contain important contractual information:
2016 Contract Payment Schedule for Aquinas, Arana, Carrington, Cumberland, Hayward, Studholme, Toroa, University College
How to apply
- The University of Otago requires applications to be made online.
- If you attended a secondary school in 2014 or 2015 and are applying for a school leaver/undergraduate college, please arrange the completion of the Common Confidential Reference Form. Students that attended a New Zealand Secondary School may start this process online and it will be forwarded to your school electronically for completion. Please use this link: www.ccrf.ac.nz/students