Click here to make an application for 2016
Are you eligible to apply?
- Current or future student of the University of Otago.
- Prospective students from other institutions may apply for limited places in City College & Salmond College.
- For helpful information please check out our flowchart about the application process.
When to apply
Full Year and Semester One
- Applications open 1 August for full academic year accommodation.
- Study Abroad/Exchange students may apply from the 1 August for Semester 1
- Postgraduate students are welcome to apply at any time for accommodation at Abbey College.
- Applications open 1 April each year.
- Full academic year accommodation in the Residential Colleges should be made before the end of September.
- International Students eligible for Semester One accommodation should apply before 1 December each year.
- Applications received after these dates may be considered as places become available.
How to apply
- The University of Otago requires applications to be made online.
- If you attended a secondary school in 2014 or 2015 and are applying for a school leaver/undergraduate college, please arrange the completion of the Common Confidential Reference Form. Students that attended a New Zealand Secondary School may start this process online and it will be forwarded to your school electronically for completion. Please use this link: www.ccrf.ac.nz/students