Accommodation options for Foundation Studies
- If you are intending to study at Foundation Studies and start your course in February, you may apply for accommodation at Salmond College and St Margaret's College. Places are limited and may be made from the 1 August and close on the 30 September the previous year.
- Students applying for Tu Kahika or the Pacific Foundation Scholarship may select Arana College and Studholme College. Once your scholarship has been confirmed, you will then receive an offer of accommodation from the Residential College. This will normally be around November.
- Applications for 2nd Semester may be made from 1st April. Accommodation is from July - mid-November.
- If there are vacancies at the University Flats in Semester 2, Foundation Students may apply for accommodation from the 1 April. Accommodation is available from July - mid December.
- You will be living in a University Managed Flat and in mid/late December maybe moved to another residence for the summer period. University Flats staff will assist with your move.
- Students share the cleaning and cooking duties. Flatting expenses are shared with the other students in the flat and are not included in the rent.
- The University Flats are committed to helping residents achieve academic success and personal growth. You will receive pastoral care and good property management. This provides an independent and enjoyable lifestyle.
|Internet||Wireless internet access||$150.00|
|Bedding Pack||Sheets, duvet, mattress protector, pillows||$115.00|
|Room Rate (2017)||$185.00 per week||$4,440.00|
Each flat has a 100GB monthly allocation wireless broadband – once this allocation is used it will revert to “dial up” speed.
Homestay is an option that allows students to concentrate on their studies while also offering them the opportunity to join in a family lifestyle if they wish. Students are provided with breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday to Sunday. The student's bedroom is private and is furnished with a study desk, heater and bedroom furniture. Students are given a key to the host's home so you can be as independent as you wish.
All homes are of a very high standard so you can feel secure knowing that you will be entering a safe, relaxed home environment. Homestay – your home away from home!