BSc (Kel'ya) MSc (C'bo) MEng DSc (Tokyo)
Tel 64 3 479 8146
Office CO 3.48
Associate Professor I.M. Premachandra joined the University of Otago as a Lecturer in 1991. Prior to this he served as a visiting Associate Professor at the University of New Hampshire, Whittermore School of Business and Economics (1989-1990), and as a Lecturer at the University of Kelaniya, and University of Sri Jayawardenapura, Sri Lanka (1975-1988).
Recent achievements include the Best Paper award at the IAENG International conference in Hong Kong, June 2009, for his paper ‘Transient and Asymptotic Analysis of Synchronisation Processes in Assembly-like Queues’, being an invited member of the conference committee and a guest editor of the special issue of the IMECS (International multi-conference of Engineers and Computer Scientists), Hong Kong, 2007-2014, Associate Editor of Sri Lankan Journal of Applied Statistics (since 2012), member of the editorial board (since 2012) of Theoretical Economic Letters, and the best teacher award in module 2 of the 2008 University of Otago MBA programme. He also served as the Head of the Department of Finance and Quantitative Analysis from 2006 to 2009.
- Convenor FINQ102 Business Mathematics
- Convenor FINC406 Advanced Empirical Finance
- Empirical finance and Financial Modelling
- Performance evaluation using DEA (Data Envelopment Analysis) and its applications in Finance
- Applied Probability theory
- Application of operations research techniques in Finance
Download CV (PDF 181 k)