Explore a wealth of information related to accountancy and finance
Resources for study or interest. Learn about the various businesses and organisations the Department has associations with, or visit a range of stock exchange and investing websites – based both in New Zealand, and internationally.
National and international associations
The Department of Accountancy and Finance has associations with many businesses and organisations. These include the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants (NZICA), Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Australia and the Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA) Institute.
Finance website links
We recommend the following websites as potentially interesting and useful for students.
New Zealand websites:
- New Zealand Stock Exchange
- Datex (NZ company information)
- New Zealand Futures & Options Exchange (incorporated with Sydney Futures Exchange)
- New Zealand Treasury
- New Zealand Invest: Sharemarket, shares, stock exchange
- Craigs Deutsche / Deutsche Bank
- World Bank
- Centre for International Comparisons at University of Pennsylvania
- Sydney Futures Exchange
- New York Stock Exchange
- Australian Stock Exchange
- Research Tools from Economist.com
- Yahoo Finance – good source for share quotes, historical share prices and general information