University of Otago GO2OU Open Day Award
3-5 August 2014
From your place to our place
One of the most important decisions you will make this year is around what you want to do when you leave school. We can help you decide if study at Otago is right for you.
The GO2OU was established to give you a taste of life at the University of Otago and the opportunity to explore the scope of humanities subjects on offer.
There are 10 trips available for students from the Wellington region to visit the University of Otago campus. We’ll take an afternoon flight down to Dunedin on Sunday, 3 August, and come back late on Tuesday, 5 August.
If you are considering humanities study at Otago you need to check out our famous campus and student lifestyle. Get your application into your school Principal by Tuesday, 17 June 2014.
What the GO2OU offers
- return airfares from Wellington to Dunedin
- meals and ‘marae style’ accommodation in a residential college while in Dunedin
- tour of the campus and visit the residential colleges
- Humanities taster programme
- Dunedin tour
Humanities subjects focus on people, society and culture such as English, Foreign Languages, Geography, History, Art History, Film and Media, Economics, Law, Philosophy, Music, Classics, Psychology, Theatre Studies, Philosophy, Religion and so on.
Marae style accommodation means communal sleeping arrangements on mattresses, along with communal eating and bathroom facilities. You won’t have your own room.
What qualities are we looking for?
- solid academic performer L2 NCEA endorsed with merit
- confident communicator who gets on well with others
- demonstrated interest and achievement in Humanities study.
How to apply
To apply complete the application form and confidential reference coversheet and attach the following documents:
- an essay of about 500 words explaining who and /or what inspires you to undertake Humanities study at University
- a certified copy of your L2 results
- a confidential reference and cover sheet from a teacher who knows you well
and the Principal's Coversheet