The Department is committed to supporting its students in every aspect of their study.
The University and the Department can help with planning your degree, work load issues, study information, and a host of other situations that might arise. For more information, please go to Student Support or Course Advice.
We have a website providing our students with course material and related resources: Anatomy Student Website.
We also have an Emerging Researchers Group that helps postgraduate students and staff network. It also offers opportunities for the students to present their research to others in a relaxed and friendly environment. Emerging Researchers Group.
Benefits of being part of the Department of Anatomy
- Our diverse research interests allow our students to access the knowledge and mentoring of people from a wide range of disciplines. e.g. neuroscientists, geneticists, surgeons, microscopy, and plastination experts to name but a few.
- The Department provides study space for all postgraduate students with access to computing resources and all necessary research facilities and resources are provided.
- We have many unique and cutting edge facilities and resources. Full list of facilities.
- The Department provides funding for research student projects. Postgraduate students are also provided with access to funds to assist with travel to conferences to present their work. The level of support depends on the degree being studied.
- Postgraduate students are also encouraged to undertake demonstrating in the Department’s undergraduate courses. This not only provides postgraduate students with a valuable opportunity to develop teaching skills, but also provides a source of supplementary income.