Anti-Plagiarism (SafeAssign) Instructions
- SafeAssign Manual
- Blackboard Anti-Plagiarism Training Course (view dates & times)
- Using SafeAssign (video)
As of Semester 2, 2011, students can now submit assignments directly to SafeAssign. The University’s dishonest practice policy states that students should be allowed one “Draft” submission where they can read the SafeAssign report before they submit their “Final” assignment.
However, there are some circumstances (for example, where you need to re-submit a student assignment for some reason) where you need to submit the file yourself, and you can do this by using “Direct Submit”.
- Instructions: Using Direct Submit (if you are submitting student files yourself)
- Instructions: Using a SafeAssignment (if you want students to submit their own files to SafeAssign)
How to turn the SafeAssign tool on/off:
If you have tried to use SafeAssign and found it missing, or received a ‘privileges’ error message , you may need to make the tool available again by following these instructions:
- Go to Control Panel > Customisation > Tool Availability
- Find SafeAssign in the list and check its ‘availability status’.