- Thursday 13 July - Information meeting in room Commerce CO:4.26 at 8am.
- Saturday 15 July - Case Competition at the Otago Business School, from 8am.
Please see below for further information on the Case Competition
- What is a Case Competition?
- Why get involved?
- Choosing a team
- Otago Business Case Competition contact
Competing teams are provided with a hypothetical business problem to solve. It may be a company which needs help launching a product, a company which is about to go into liquidation, or a company which has international connections but hasn't reached its full global potential.
Team members are given four hours to devise a strategy, before presenting their solution to a panel of judges. The competition is generally held over the course of a day, and the best strategy wins the competition.
The Business Case Competition is a fantastic opportunity for students to demonstrate higher level skills in business, while having fun! Specifically, taking part in the Business Case Competition is:
- A proven method of improving analytical, critical and communication skills
- A proven to be a serious CV item attractive to prospective employers
- Great for social interaction – meet new friends
A team comprises up to four students– most teams have four people. The best approach to selecting team members is to think of the skills that you might need to address a business situation (for example finance, marketing, management, accounting and presentation skills), then find the people with those skills.
For further information on all Otago Business Case Competitions contact:
- Dr Sergio Biggemann (03 479 8467).