The Career Development Centre offers professionally trained staff with expertise in career counselling, and extensive employer networks and industry knowledge.
Career development tailored to your discipline
We can coordinate with you to develop discipline/faculty based career workshops for students, and career management seminars tailored specifically to your discipline.
These can cover topics such as:
- Career choice
- Job search strategies
- Developing a professional CV and application documents
- Preparing for job interviews
- Other employment-related issues.
Targeted services to support your students
- Confidential career counselling – one-to-one consultations
- A range of computer based career guidance activities and programmes, and an extensive library for students who may be struggling with their career planning and choice of employment
- Two free booklets available to students in either hard copy or as downloadable PDFs: ‘CV Information’ on how to write an effective CV and cover letter (PDF, 263KB); ‘Interview Skills’, addressing effective job interview techniques, networking, and the essential skill for job search, informational interviewing (PDF, 253KB)
Access to potential employers
We can facilitate employer contact and advertise vacancies via OtagoCareerHub, an online job vacancy portal delivering graduate job and career information.
Staff and students are encouraged to register to view current vacancies as well as on-campus events such as Career Fairs and Expos, career related seminars and workshops, and employer presentations.
Develop your own career
The Career Development Centre's staff services are intended to help you assist your students to develop their careers.
If you would like advice or resources to develop your career, please check out: