Welcome to the Centre for Distance Education and Learning Technologies
The Centre for Distance Education and Learning Technologies is a research centre based within the University of Otago College of Education.
We were established in 2007, having grown out of a Distance Learning Centre that began in 1997.
Objectives of the Centre
- Undertake world-class research in the fields of information and communication technology (ICT) in education and distance learning
- Ensure world-class teaching in distance learning and in ICT in education
- Provide professional services to principals and teachers in the school and early childhood sectors
- Enhance staff capacity in delivering courses at a distance in the tertiary sector
- Undertake curriculum development in ICT in education