Terms of Reference
- To review and recommend to Council through the Vice-Chancellor on all matters relating to risk management, statutory compliance, health and safety and ethical approvals;
- To monitor risk policies, principles and practices throughout the university;
- To monitor university policies and systems for ensuring compliance with statutory requirements with respect to ethical approvals, biological safety, hazards, and general health and safety.
- One lay member of the University Council
- DVC (Research)
- PVC Health Sciences
- PVC Sciences
- Chair, Human Ethics Committee
- Chair, Animal Ethics Committee
- Chair, Institutional Biological Safety Committee
- Chair, Hazardous Substances and Radiation Committee
- Chief Operating Officer (or nominee)
- Director, Property Services (or nominee)
- Director, Human Resources (or nominee)
- (With power to co-opt)
- Risk Manager (in attendance)
- Convenor appointed by Council.
Committee to meet quarterly and to receive six monthly reports from the following sub-committees.