The Quality Advancement Committee is a committee of Senate. The Committee acts as a forum for the discussion and promotion of developments in quality assurance and quality enhancement, whether internally driven or externally indicated.
Terms of Reference
- To consult with staff, students and other interested parties to raise the awareness of the significance of quality processes throughout the University.
- To identify key elements that should form part of the University’s quality framework and oversee and monitor developments in relation to this.
- To advise on improving communication channels on quality and foster networking and benchmarking.
- To monitor the implementation of quality improvement programmes such as the internal reviews programme, and core institutional surveys, and to disburse, administer and report on University funds used for the Improvement Initiatives programme.
- To contribute to the University’s preparations for external Academic Quality Agency (AQA) academic audits and to provide advice, input and support in relation to this.
- To consider and comment on the University’s academic audit reports, follow-up reports and the processes put in place for monitoring the implementation of academic audit outcomes.
- To undertake critical reflection on the philosophy and the procedures of the quality process.
- To identify examples of good practice to communicate within the University and any issues for further consideration by the Vice-Chancellor, Senate or other University committees, arising from the terms of reference above.
Meetings held up to five times a year.
|Composition||Member||Expiry date (if applicable)|
|Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) (Convener)||Professor Vernon Squire||Ex-officio|
|Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research & Enterprise) or nominee||Professor Richard Blaikie||Ex-officio|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Commerce||Dr Leah Watkins||31 December 2018|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Health Sciences||Associate Professor Lynette Sadleir||31 December 2019|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Humanities||Professor Shelley Griffiths||31 December 2017|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Sciences||Professor Richard Barker||Ex-officio|
|Director, International||Mr Simon Chu||Ex-officio|
Two members appointed by Senate
|Associate Professor Ruth Fitzgerald||31 December 2019|
|Dr Richard Linscott||31 December 2019|
|Director (or nominee), Planning and Funding||Dr David Geraghty||31 December 2017|
|Head (or nominee), Higher Education Development Centre||Associate Professor Clinton Golding||31 December 2018|
|Director, Academic Services||Mr John Price||Ex-officio|
|Dean, School of Graduate Research|| |
Professor Rachel Spronken-Smith
|Director, Quality Advancement||Ms Margaret Morgan||Ex-officio|
|One student representative nominated by the Executive of OUSA|| |
Mr Bryn Jenkins
Associate Professor Pat Cragg
|Co-opted until 31 December 2018|
|Committee Secretary||Ruth Taylor, EA to Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) (email@example.com; ext 8241)|
The Board has the power to co-opt as required.
Meetings for 2017
- Tuesday 21 February, 2pm
- Tuesday 4 April, 2pm
- Tuesday 20 June, 2pm
- Tuesday 15 August, 2pm
- Tuesday 17 October, 2pm