Terms of Reference
- To advise the Vice-Chancellor on the inter-Divisional split of funding for the purchase of equipment items costing in the range $2,000 to $250,000.
- To provide the Vice-Chancellor with a priority listing of major items of equipment costing in excess of $250,000 and a rolling funding plan for the acquisition of these items.
- To prepare the initial budget documents for the equipment allocation.
- To advise the Purchasing Manager on recommended equipment purchases to maximise the University benefit.
The Equipment Advisory Committee is a sub-committee of members drawn from the Research Committee. Members are also co-opted if specific expertise is required.
- Expressions of Interest invited mid-March.
- Expressions of Interest due last week in April.
- Full applications invited early May.
- Full applications due early July.
- Notification of full application outcomes August.
The announcement of a new round is sent out electronically to the Vice-Chancellor, Pro-Vice-Chancellors, Heads of Resource Responsibility Centres and others as appropriate.