What do I do if it all gets too much?
Why is that? Are you…
- Feeling as if you don’t understand the subject?
- Wondering if you’ve got enough time to study?
- Thinking of dropping out?
What can you do…?
- Will a coffee break and a walk help?
- Can you talk over the problems with your local support team (partner, work colleagues, friends…)?
- Should you ring or email your lecturer?
You’re part way through, so…
- Can you ask for an extension just this once?
- Can you check with other students whether you’re on the right track?
- Are there people at the University who can help you?
Where to next….
- Work out what the immediate tasks are and attend to them. Don’t worry about next week’s work.
- It is important to talk with your lecturer. You may be doing better than you think. Get in touch to find out how you are doing.
If you do decide to withdraw then …
- Check the Information & Support handbook.
- Note what date by which you need to withdraw if you don’t wish to have the paper recorded as a failure.
- All changes to your course must be made in writing. Please contact the University Information Centre to withdraw.
- Contact your lecturer as well. There may be some way we can help you if you plan to study again in the future.
Return to "Information needed during the course"