The accounting theory and practice relevant to some of the more complicated accounting issues unique to companies.
|Paper title||Financial Accounting and Reporting|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$829.65|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,993.30|
- ACCT 102 and (BSNS 107 or BSNS 115) (each passed with a grade of at least C+)
- Schedule C
- More information link
- For further information, please email email@example.com.
- Teaching staff
- Mariela Carvajal-Gallardo
- Learning Outcomes
- Understand the background and purpose of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)
- Be able to think logically and critically and to make well-reasoned decisions using advanced problem-solving skills
- Understand the nature of business through advanced knowledge in at least one major subject area, plus an integrated awareness of all major business functions
- Understand the cultural, legal, social and environmental factors that affect, and are affected by, business operations
- Be able to demonstrate leadership while working constructively, cooperatively and respectfully with others
- Understand the ethical consequences of business decisions
- Communicate effectively within a range of contexts
- Course outline
- View the course outline for ACCT 211
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Paper Structure
- Explain the purpose and describe the main components of financial statements
- Understand the overall principles and other considerations relating to the presentation of a statement of financial position (balance sheet), statement of comprehensive income (income statement), statement of changes in equity and notes to financial statements
- Prepare a statement of cash flows
- Explain and apply the revenue recognition criteria
- Understand how to measure property, plant and equipment, including the cost model and the revaluation model
- Account for matters relating to shareholders' equity
- Understand the nature of and account for a business combination
- Prepare consolidated financial statements
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is taught through lectures and workshops.
- Custom ACCT 211 Textbook ISBN: 9781119922018