This paper will guide you in understanding and critiquing the current literature in the broad area of Developmental Biology (topics vary from year to year). You will also learn the essentials of how to communicate complex scientific concepts to a lay audience using multiple media, such as podcasts, popular writing and oral presentation.
|Paper title||Developmental Biology|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,590.98|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,842.50|
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- Anatomy Office
Room 231, 2nd Floor
Lindo Ferguson Building (LFB)
Tel 479 7362
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Anatomy's website
- Teaching staff
- 2018 teaching staff to be confirmed. Please contact the Department for more information.
- Teaching Arrangements
- All teaching is undertaken on campus.
- There are no textbooks for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- An ability to understand and critique current literature in the broad topic of Developmental Biology, including the underlying molecular mechanisms of organogenesis, developmental potency, control of developmental pathways and developmental disease
- An ability to communicate complex scientific concepts to a lay audience using multiple media, such as podcasts, popular writing and oral presentation