A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
This paper constitutes the honours thesis and comprises half of the workload at 400-level. The student will undertake a research project in an area of interest to them under the guidance of a selected supervisor. The submitted ANAT 490 thesis will present both the research project and a supporting literature review.
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,772.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$17,524.00|
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), BSc(Hons), PGDipArts, PGDipSci
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- Anatomy Office
Room 231, 2nd Floor
Lindo Ferguson Building (LFB)
Tel 479 7362
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Anatomy's website
- Teaching staff
- Each student has a different member of the Department's academic staff act as their supervisor. There are no set teaching staff.
- There are no textbooks for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- To successfully undertake a research project and thus demonstrate the ability to master the required methodological procedures, to analyse experimental data and to interpret those findings in the context of the relevant literature. This paper provides the opportunity to develop independent learning, self-motivation and high level communication skills.