A supervised research dissertation on an approved topic.
This dissertation forms the core of the Bachelor of Applied Science with Honours (BAppSc(Hons)) course. The BAppSc(Hons) is a one-year programme that builds on an undergraduate applied science degree. A specific aim of the BAppSc(Hons) degree is to develop advanced theoretical and research skills and in so doing to provide a platform for an advanced professional or academic career. It provides entry to the Master of Science (MSc) degree by thesis only or to the PhD programme.
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,845.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$16,068.00|
- Limited to
- Paper Structure
- Independent research, within a specific sub-discipline of geology, supervised and
advised by at least one academic staff member.
The precise structure of the project (e.g. the balance of literature review, research skill development, independent data collection, analysis, synthesis, and style of presenting results) is established in conjunction with the project supervisor.
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View
more information about departmental permission.
Students must be accepted to the BAppSc(Hons) programme. This acceptance is determined by the department based on the applicant's academic record. A research supervisor within the department is required.
- Teaching staff
- Various academic staff involved
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Environmental
literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who complete this project will have learned the advanced skills that they need to become successful researchers in a wide range of research settings.