A student-initiated project for science/technology commercialisation comprising either a business plan, or a due diligence report on a science-based commercial venture.
|Paper title||Commercialisation Project|
|Points||40 points 40 points 40 points|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (1 January 2018 - 30 June 2018), 2nd Non standard period (1 July 2018 - 31 December 2018), 3rd Non standard period (1 January 2018 - 31 December 2018)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,010.70|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,710.93|
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- Student-initiated project; a supervisor will be assigned.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Critical thinking.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The attainment of skills required to critically evaluate a science-based commercial initiative
- An understanding of the resources required to commercialise science
- An understanding of the commercial relevance and value of science