Airport services; airline aviation medicine; passenger cabin safety; flight attendant health; airline catering; alcohol and drug issues in aviation; public health aspects of airline travel; traveller health; aeromedical transport systems.
|Paper title||Airport and Travel Health|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2018, expected to be offered in 2019|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,746.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,490.00|
- Limited to
- MAvMed, MHealSc, PGDipAvMed, PGDipHealSc
- Healthcare professionals currently employed, or interested in work, in the aviation medicine industry
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Occupational and Aviation Medicine Unit's website
- Teaching staff
- Course Director: Ben Johnston
- Paper Structure
- Core paper for the Master of Aviation Medicine (MAvMed) and Master of Health Sciences endorsed in Aviation Medicine (MHealSc(AvMed))
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is taught in odd years in the first semester. It is a fully distance-taught paper with an optional week-long Professional Visits Programme held at various locations around the world. Where is it this year?
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong
learning, scholarship, communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The learning outcomes of this paper will coincide with the modules taught; these modules
- Medical aspects of air traffic control
- Airport services
- Aviation toxicology and agricultural aviation
- Passenger cabin safety
- Traveller health
- Airline aviation medicine
- Health of flight attendants
- Food hygiene and airline catering
- Air ambulances