Mining; nuclear power and other radiation work; agriculture and silviculture; chemical industries; international business; work in extreme environments and hazardous employment; petrochemical industries including oil and gas exploration; office work, general manufacturing and technical trades; environmental health.
All OAMU papers are taught using the online learning platform Moodle. View a more complete description of this paper.
|Paper title||Health and Industry|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,746.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,490.00|
- Limited to
- MOccMed, MAvMed, MHealSc, PGDipHealSc, PGDipOccMed
- Healthcare professionals currently employed, or interested in work, in the aviation medicine industry
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Occupational and Aviation Medicine Unit's website
- Teaching staff
- Course Director: Mark Newson-Smith
- Paper Structure
- Additional paper for the Postgraduate Diploma in Occupational Medicine (PGDipOccMed). Part of the Master of Aviation Medicine (MAvMed) and Master of Health Sciences endorsed in Occupational Medicine (MHealthSc(OccMed)) programmes.
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is taught in even years in the second semester. It is a fully distance-taught paper with an optional week-long Professional Visits Programme held at various locations around the world. Where is it this year?
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong learning,
scholarship, communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The learning outcomes of this paper will coincide with the modules taught; these modules
- Nuclear Power
- The Chemical Industry
- International Business
- Hazardous Occupations
- The Petrochemical Industry
- Office Work
- Environmental Health