Supervised study in breadth and depth sufficient to submit a journal article for publication in an appropriate journal.
Please contact the department to express interest prior to enrolling for this paper.
|Paper title||Special Topic|
|Points||30 points 30 points|
|Teaching period(s)||First Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,746.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,490.00|
- AVMX 726
- Limited to
- MAvMed, MHealSc, PGDipHealSc
- Admission to this paper requires the specific approval of the Course Director.
- Healthcare professionals currently employed, or interested in work, in the aviation medicine industry
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Occupational and Aviation Medicine Unit's website
- Teaching staff
- Course Director: Rob Griffiths
- Paper Structure
- Part of the Master of Aviation Medicine (MAvMed); Masters of Health Sciences endorsed in Occupational Medicine (MHealSc(OccMed)); Master of Health Sciences endorsed in Aeromedical Retrieval and Transport (MHealSc(AeroRT)); Masters of Health Sciences endorsed in Aviation Medicine (MHealSc(AvMed)) programmes.
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is taught in each semester by special arrangement only. It is a fully distance-taught paper with an optional week-long Professional Visits Programme held at various locations around the world. Where is it this year?
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong learning,
scholarship, communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Please contact the department to express interest.