How HRM can contribute to the survival, adaptation and growth of organisations and a critical management perspective of HRM practices in order to make better management decisions.
Learn how good human resource management can contribute to the survival, adaptation and growth of organisations, and to evaluate and make judgements about human resource management policies and strategies.
|Paper title||Human Resource Management|
|Points||15 points 15 points 15 points|
|Teaching period(s)||2nd Non standard period (9 April 2018 - 1 June 2018), 3rd Non standard period (11 June 2018 - 3 August 2018), 1st Non standard period (30 July 2018 - 14 September 2018)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,143.25|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,805.00|
- Limited to
- DipBusAdmin, MBA, PGDipHealMgt, MHealSc
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Susan Steer
- Course Reader
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of the course you will be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding how human resource management can contribute to the survival, adaptation and growth of organisations sufficient to evaluate and make judgements about human resource management policies and strategies
- An ability to critique and analyse human resource management practices in order to make better management decisions
- Competence at a number of key tasks of human resource management