A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
For a more complete description of this paper please view the Clothing and Textiles website
|Subject||Clothing and Textile Sciences|
|Points||60 points 60 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year, Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,772.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$16,068.00|
- CLTX 490
- Limited to
- BAppSc(Hons), BSc(Hons), PGDipAppSc, PGDipSci
- More information link
- View more information on the Clothing and Textiles website
- Teaching staff
- Course Co-ordinator: Professor Raechel Laing
- Paper Structure
- Individual supervision meetings
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will
- Develop an appropriate research problem and plan and conduct an investigation within ethical guidelines
- Employ effective information search strategies
- Undertake a literature review that places the topic within a wider field of knowledge
- Critically analyse a body of knowledge relevant to the research problem in the clothing and textile sciences field
- Select, justify and apply appropriate methods as the foundation for further research
- Analyse, present and discuss findings in the context of the wider field
- Prepare a written report on the project in a manner appropriate to the readership