Knowledge and competencies necessary for the safe treatment of patients.
|Paper title||Dental Health|
|Teaching period||Full Year (19 February 2018 - 14 December 2018)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,746.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,398.75|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Associate Professor G R Tompkins
- Required course materials will be advised through discipline-specific course books upon enrolment.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- This paper is designed to introduce students to the anatomy, physiology and histology of the head and neck and the concepts of pathogenesis and the control of disease. It will provide the knowledge enabling the competencies for the safe treatment of patients, according to the Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers' Rights and the requirements of the Health Practitioners Competency Bill 2003.