An in-depth study of Europe since the Enlightenment. Discusses key thinkers who have shaped the idea of Europe.
|Paper title||Europe: Ideas and Nations|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2018|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$868.95|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,656.70|
- 72 points from Arts and Music Schedule C
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Students who have not passed the normal prerequisite may be admitted with approval from the Head of Department.
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Dr Simon Ryan
- To be advised.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural
understanding, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students will gain an understanding of European notions of state, nation, self and citizen from the Enlightenment to the new union of Europe.