Intensive French language for beginners and very near beginners.
Do you want to learn another language and be able to travel with confidence in more than 30 countries, or add a new skill to your degree? This course engages students in learning the basic vocabulary and structures of French. The teaching methodology is student-centred with the lecturer acting as facilitator and the ultimate goal of this paper is to make the students independent users of French.
|Paper title||Introductory French 1|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$810.90|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,390.00|
- FREN 105, FREN 101, FREN 132 or any other more advanced French language paper
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Teaching staff
- Lecturer: Dr Christiane Leurquin
- More information link
- View further information for FREN 131
- Paper Structure
- In FREN 131, you will gain skills (in listening, speaking, reading and writing) for communicating in French about your life, your friends and family, your studies and your leisure-time activities. You will also be introduced to French and other francophone cultures through 4 hours of lectures per week.
- Vis-à-vis, Amon, Muyskens, Omaggio, Hadley, ed. McGraw-hill, 5th edition. It includes a Textbook and a Workbook, and access to audio and visual material on the editor's website.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, cultural understanding, self-motivation, lifelong learning. View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate beginner communicative competence in reading, writing, speaking and listening
in French, in particular:
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type
- Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help (A1 of the CEFR)
- Suitable for students with little or no prior knowledge of French.
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
|Weeks: 9-14,16-22||Tues, Thurs : 11:00-11:50
Tues : 13:00-14:50
Wed, Thurs : 14:00-14:50
|Weeks: 9-14,16-17,19-22||Mon : 11:00-12:50|