An extension of the communicative approach seeking to develop linguistic skills appropriate to students’ future career and social needs.
Are you interested in advancing your knowledge of one of the most important world languages? This course aims to continue to build on basic skills in the French through the study of current affairs.
|Paper title||Advanced French 2|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$810.90|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,390.00|
- FREN 333. You may be able to take this paper without the prerequisite if you can demonstrate the required ability. Use the special permission process to apply to do this; please proceed through the application process to reach the window for Special Permission. Please list any qualifications you have gained e.g. NCEA, and years studied, as well as a note of any other exposure to this language. This request together with any documentation you provide or request for the transfer of credit(s) will then be submitted for approval.
- FREN 311 or FREN 331 or FREN 335 or any other more advanced French language paper
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Dr Pat Duffy
- More information link
- View further information about FREN 334
- Paper Structure
- We undertake a "tour de France" of relevant issues and topics featuring contemporary life in France including the influence of France in the world, developments in French identity, environmental issues, social issues and regional studies (history and development). Classes emphasise student participation through tutorial-style work (video clips, texts/exercises, orals, pronunciation practice).
- Teaching materials to be handed out in class and/or made available through Blackboard.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, cultural understanding, lifelong learning, self-motivation. View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to:
- Communicate in French at an advanced level (B2 in the CEFR) level, including aural comprehension
- Improve pronunciation
- Improve basic grammar
- Hone writing skills
- Expand vocabulary in a range of current topics
- Increase knowledge of contemporary France
- Suitable for undergraduate students in French who have completed FREN 333 (Advanced French 1). Classes are primarily delivered in French.
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
|Weeks: 28-34,36-39,41||Mon, Tues, Thurs : 16:00-16:50|
|Weeks: 29-32,34,36-39||Wed : 10:00-10:50
or Wed : 12:00-12:50
or Wed : 14:00-14:50