An extension of the communicative approach seeking to develop linguistic skills appropriate to students’ future career and social needs.
Writing your diary or a love poem in French while in Paris? Writing an essay or your dissertation in French while on exchange in France? FREN 336 will help you improve your writing skills in one of the most important European languages and will certainly boost your future career and social needs.
|Paper title||Advanced French 4|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$810.90|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,390.00|
- One of FREN 335, FREN 221, FREN 311, FREN 331. You may be able to take this paper without the prerequisite if you can demonstrate the required ability. Use the special permission process to apply to do this; please proceed through the application process to reach the window for Special Permission. Please list any qualifications you have gained e.g. NCEA, and years studied, as well as a note of any other exposure to this language.This request together with any documentation you provide or request for the transfer of credit(s) will then be submitted for approval.
- FREN 321, FREN 332
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Dr Constantin Grigorut
- More information link
- View further information about FREN 336
- Paper Structure
- Very complex weekly exercises of dynamic adaptive French grammar combined with complex individual writing projects aimed at mastery of grammatical and lexical systems in French as well as the development of intercultural competence and creativity. Weekly oral classes and tutorials with a French native speaker will complement this text-based work.
- Recommended:Le Petit Robert (any edition).
Le nouveau Bescherelle: l'art de conjuger (any edition).
Bescherelle: French verbs (any edition).
Maurice Grevisse. Le Bon Usage (any edition).
Dictionnaire de synonymes (any edition).
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, cultural understanding, self-motivation. View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- FREN 336 aims to develop:
- A high level of writing skills in French
- A high level of oral communication skills useful not only in everyday situations but also in a more specific (cultural or scientific) environment
- A high level of self-motivation through major written projects in French
- Suitable for students with good French language skills
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
|Weeks: 28-34,36-41||Mon : 14:00-14:50
Wed, Thurs : 09:00-09:50
|Weeks: 29-34,36-39||Tues : 12:00-12:50
or Tues : 13:00-13:50