German written and oral communication skills at an advanced level.
A language paper for advanced learners of German, GERM 334 engages students in a series of discussions on topics of German society, language and culture. While the focus of this paper is on active use of language, finer points of German grammar will also be taught.
|Paper title||Advanced German 1|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$835.20|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,435.00|
- GERM 331 or GERM 201.
If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to the Review and Submit page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- GERM 332, GERM 301, GERM 335 or any other more advanced German language paper.
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Suitable for undergraduate students in German who have completed GERM 331 or who have an advanced level of German.
- More information link
- View details of the online placement test
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Dr Antonie Alm
- Paper Structure
- Classes are conducted in German and are based on two text book units, complemented by a novel and online materials.
- Teaching Arrangements
- The class meets three times a week for one hour and has a social networking component.
- Aspekte 3 Textbook and Workbook Klett-Langenscheidt Verlag.
Glattauer, D. (2006). Gut gegen Nordwind. Goldmann Verlag.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Information literacy, Self-motivation,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Upon successful completion of GERM 334, students will have advanced to level C1 of
the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and will be able to:
- Understand specialised articles related to a field of personal interest
- Understand most television programmes and films without too much effort
- Formulate ideas and opinions and relate their contribution to those of other speakers
- Present clear, detailed descriptions of complex subjects
- Write about complex subjects in a letter, an essay or a report
- Select a style appropriate to the reader in mind
- Course outline
- View the course outline for GERM 334
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
|Weeks: 9-12,14-22||Tues, Thurs : 15:00-15:50
Wed : 16:00-16:50