An introduction to qualitative approaches to research of teaching and learning in higher education. Using individual and peer supervision, participants explore methodological issues and plan a research project that is the focus of HEDU 510 or HEDU 590. All students are required to have access to the Internet.
HEDU 503 paper provides an introduction to research methodology and approaches to research of teaching and learning in higher education.
|Paper title||Research in Higher Education|
|Points||30 points 30 points|
|Teaching period(s)||First Semester, First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,967.75|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$6,528.00|
- HEDU 502 or HEDX 502 or EDUC 505
- HEDX 503, EDUC 506
- Limited to
- PGDipHighE, MHEd
- Suitable for graduates who are currently teaching in universities and tertiary institutions
- More information link
- View more information about this paper on the Higher Education Development Centre website
- Teaching staff
- Lecturer: Dr Ben Daniel
- Paper Structure
- Using individual and peer supervision, participants explore methodological issues and plan a research project that is the focus of HEDU 510.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures, seminars and interactive discussions
- Textbooks are not required for this paper
- Course outline
- Available on request from HEDC
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Critical thinking, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will
- Explore selected methodologies used in higher education
- Understand the steps involved in designing a research study, beginning with the development of an appropriate question through to identifying the appropriate methodology and method(s)
- Understand the role of the researcher and ethical issues in research