A continuation of JAPA 231. Develops communication skills in professional and business-related Japanese language, with equal emphasis on speaking, listening, reading, writing, and training in the cultural protocols involved in conducting business and professional activities in Japan.
The goal of this paper is the simultaneous development of all four language skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) at a higher level than JAPA 231, with an emphasis on professional and business-related Japanese language. By the end of the course, you will learn how to express yourself in a culturally appropriate manner in various socio-cultural and business environments. You will also deepen your understanding of Japanese society through the introduction of a variety of visual and literary information about its culture and people.
|Paper title||Business and Professional Japanese|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$810.90|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,390.00|
- JAPA 231. You may be able to take this paper without the prerequisite if you can demonstrate the required ability. Use the special permission process to apply to do this; please proceed through the application process to reach the window for Special Permission. Please list any qualifications you have gained e.g. NCEA, and years studied, as well as a note of any other exposure to this language. This request together with any documentation you provide or request for the transfer of credit(s) will then be submitted for approval.
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Teaching staff
- Dr Yuko Shibata
- More information link
- View further information about JAPA 233
- Tobira: Gateway to advanced Japanese, by Mayumi Oka and others, 2009
- Teaching Arrangements
- 4 hours of Lectures and Tutorials per week
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, interdisciplinary perspective, lifelong perspective, communication, cultural understanding, information literacy, self-motivation. View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- To pass the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test Level N3
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
|Weeks: 28-34,36-41||Mon : 10:00-11:50|
|Weeks: 28-34,36-41||Tues, Thurs : 10:00-10:50
or Tues, Thurs : 14:00-14:50