The development of advanced-level Japanese language skills in speaking, listening,
reading, and writing, applying grammatical analysis to authentic Japanese material.
This course complements JAPA331.
In this paper, students continue to acquire the knowledge of the Japanese language.
A variety of speaking and writing activities allows students to place the Japanese
vocabulary items and grammar structures they have learnt in context. A big step towards
grasping many opportunities offered by one of the world's leading economical and cultural
||Advanced Japanese 2
|Domestic Tuition Fees
|International Tuition Fees
^ Top of page
- JAPA 233.
If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol
in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to
the Review and Confirm page or email email@example.com
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Teaching staff
- Dr J.-R. Hayashishita
- Paper Structure
- In this paper, the students will:
- Read authentic Japanese materials
and speak complex ideas in Japanese
- Learn Japanese-language grammar
one's vocabulary of the Japanese language
- Teaching Arrangements
- A 2-hour lecture, plus two tutorials, per week
- To be advised
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Information
more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to express complex ideas in Japanese and the understanding
of how one can proceed with the Japanese language acquisition in the future
pass the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test, level N2
^ Top of page
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
||Mon : 10:00-11:50
||Tues, Thurs : 10:00-10:50