An advanced Japanese language paper which extends students’ Japanese language
skills through the discussion of particular areas of the Japanese culture.
In this paper, students engage in a number of advanced language learning activities,
such as reading the relevant contemporary texts and discussion in Japanese of the
issues raised by those texts. A great preparation to participate in business and
cultural communities in Japan.
||Advanced Japanese 3
|Domestic Tuition Fees
|International Tuition Fees
^ Top of page
- JAPA 331 or JAPA 332.
If you have previous knowledge of the language you can
still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application
process to the Review and Confirm page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Dr J.-R. Hayashishita
Fellow: Haruko Stuart
- Paper Structure
- This paper introduces current issues in Japanese society. The students will:
information from authentic Japanese materials
- Present one's findings
in class in Japanese
- Expand one's vocabulary of the Japanese language
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures and tutorials
- Text books are not required for this paper.
Discussion materials will be circulated
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Critical thinking,
Cultural understanding, Research.
more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the current issues in the Japanese society and the
ability to discuss them in Japanese
^ Top of page
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
||Mon : 14:00-15:50
||Thurs : 14:00-14:50