An advanced Japanese language paper which extends students’ Japanese language skills
through the discussion of particular areas of the Japanese culture.
In this course, students engage in a number of advanced language learning activities
such as reading the relevant contemporary texts and discussion in Japanese of the
issues raised by those texts. A great preparation to participate in business and
cultural communities in Japan.
^ Top of page
- JAPA 331 or JAPA 332
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Dr J.-R. HayashishitaTutor:
- More information link
further information about JAPA 334
- Paper Structure
- This paper introduces current issues in Japanese society.The students will:
information from authentic Japanese materials
- Present one's findings in class
- Expand one's vocabulary of the Japanese language
- No text books required for this paper. Discussion materials will be circulated electronically.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures and tutorials
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, cultural understanding, self-motivation, teamwork. View
more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the understanding of the current issues in the Japanese society and the
ability to discuss them in Japanese.
^ Top of page
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
||Mon : 13:00-14:50
||Tues, Thurs : 14:00-14:50