An advanced Japanese language paper which extends students’ Japanese language skills
through the discussion of particular areas of the Japanese culture.
In this course, students engage in a number of advanced language learning activities
such as reading the relevant contemporary texts and discussion in Japanese of the
issues raised by those texts. A great preparation to participate in business and
cultural communities in Japan.
||Advanced Japanese 3
|Domestic Tuition Fees
|International Tuition Fees
^ Top of page
- JAPA 331 or JAPA 332. You may be able to take this paper without the prerequisite
if you can demonstrate the required ability. Use the special permission process to
apply to do this; please proceed through the application process to reach the window
for Special Permission. Please list any qualifications you have gained e.g. NCEA,
and years studied, as well as a note of any other exposure to this language. This
request together with any documentation you provide or request for the transfer of
credit(s) will then be submitted for approval.
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Dr J.-R. HayashishitaTutor:
- More information link
further information about JAPA 334
- Paper Structure
- This paper introduces current issues in Japanese society.The students will:
information from authentic Japanese materials
- Present one's findings in class
- Expand one's vocabulary of the Japanese language
- No text books required for this paper. Discussion materials will be circulated electronically.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures and tutorials
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, cultural understanding, self-motivation, teamwork. View
more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the understanding of the current issues in the Japanese society and the
ability to discuss them in Japanese.
^ Top of page
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
||Mon : 13:00-14:50
||Tues, Thurs : 14:00-14:50