Legal problems which arise when a debtor is in financial difficulties, including unsecured creditor's rights in insolvency and company liquidation, methods of enforcing judgements, contractor's liens and other creditor's rights.
What happens when a debtor cannot or will not pay a debt? This paper looks at the principles underlying the law of creditors rights and debtor protections.
|Paper title||Creditors' Remedies|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2018, expected to be offered in 2019|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$646.20|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,856.00|
- LAWS 203 and 66 further LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- LAWS 301 and any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- Not all optional papers will be available in any given year.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
- To be advised.
- Course materials are provided by the Faculty.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Practical skills relating to creditors' remedies, debtors' rights and procedural codes.