The broad and complex challenges of conducting business across national borders, from micro (e.g. management of cross-cultural and geographically-diverse teams) to macro (e.g. development of global strategies).
The Department of Management 400-level papers are currently being updated. For more information, please email Dr Conor O'Kane
|Paper title||Global Management|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,058.71|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,692.94|
- 72 300-level MANT points
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Management's website.
- Teaching staff
- Coordinator: Professor Andr?® Everett
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures, small group discussions and readings, case analysis and interaction with outside organisations.
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Information literacy, Research,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Develop an appreciation of the complexity, challenges and benefits of doing business internationally
- Become acquainted with key streams of the literature in the field of global management
- Enhance capabilities with respect to accessing the published research in the field, reading critically and identifying areas for future study and research
- Develop writing, presentations, research and analytical skills.