A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
|Points||40 points 40 points|
|Teaching period(s)||First Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,098.05|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,352.87|
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), BSc(Hons), PGDipArts, PGDipSci
- More information link
- View more information about MATH 491
- Teaching staff
- Teaching Arrangements
- You should discuss possible topics with lecturers and with the honours director of studies well before the start of the second semester. Ideally, you should know your supervisor(s) and your topic by the start of the second semester. The written report should be submitted by the end of the lecturing period in the first semester of the following academic year. The length and nature of the written report vary widely, depending on the area of study, the nature of the project and on the subject matter (all of this is taken into consideration by the examiners). You should plan your report carefully in consultation with your supervisor: it can take longer than you might think to do the actual writing. You are also welcome to talk to the honours co-ordinator at any stage.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Course outline
- View course outline for MATH 490
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The development of research skills