Demonstration of safe and efficient practice in the application of radiation therapy techniques. Communication, teamwork, self management, quality assurance, patient care, reflective practice.
|Paper title||Radiation Therapy Practice II|
|Points||60 points 60 points|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (8 January 2018 - 22 June 2018), 2nd Non standard period (11 June 2018 - 23 November 2018)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,001.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$18,980.00|
- Limited to
- Candidates require a clinical placement to have been arranged before enrolling in this paper.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Radiation Therapy's website
- Teaching staff
- Melissa Pitchford
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to do the following across
three domains - CT/sim, planning and treatment:
- Demonstrate knowledge and efficient practice
- Recognise patient needs and/or significant changes in patients' condition
- Demonstrate appropriate verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a healthcare team
- Demonstrate appropriate self-management techniques
- Demonstrate safe practices in the workplace
- Demonstrate the ability to identify problems in the clinical setting
- Develop an increasing awareness of quality assurance
- Demonstrate reflective practice