Application of radiation therapy calculations, principles and concepts of planning for critiquing standard techniques, applied imaging and anatomy, effects of radiation on biological systems.
|Paper title||Radiation Therapy Planning Concepts II|
|Teaching period||Second Semester (2 July 2018 - 21 December 2018)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,200.45|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,694.00|
- RADT 124
- Limited to
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Radiation Therapy's website
- Teaching staff
- Billie Mudie
- Barrett, A., Dobbs, J., Morris, S. & Roquest, T. (2009). Practical Radiotherapy Planning. (4th Edition).
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of calculations used in radiation therapy
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of principles and concepts of computer planning for critiquing standard techniques
- Demonstrate an understanding of imaging and anatomy relevant to computer planning
- Discuss the effects of radiation on biological systems