Application of radiation therapy calculations. Ability to produce and critique radiation therapy computer plans. Applied anatomy and imaging. Application of radiobiology to the clinical setting.
|Paper title||Radiation Therapy Planning Concepts III|
|Teaching period||First Semester (5 February 2018 - 8 June 2018)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,466.95|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$6,958.07|
- RADT 215 and RADT 216
- Limited to
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Radiation Therapy's website
- Teaching staff
- Billie Mudie
- Barrett, A., Dobbs, J., Morris, S. & Roquest, T. (2009). Practical Radiotherapy Planning. (4th Edition).
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to demonstrate
- Knowledge and application of calculations used in radiation therapy
- Knowledge and performance of principles and concepts of computer planning and the ability to critically analyse standard radiation therapy technique computer plans
- Consolidation of imaging and anatomy relevant to radiation therapy
- Application of radiobiology to the clinical setting