An introductory course in reading, writing, listening to, and speaking Spanish for students with no previous knowledge of the language.
Are you interested in learning to speak, read, write and understand basic Spanish while also learning about Hispanic culture? With over 400 million native speakers worldwide Spanish is truly a world language and the ability to communicate in a second language will distinguish you from other graduates. As a beginners course, all you need is your interest, enthusiasm, and energy, we can do the rest. No previous knowledge required.
|Paper title||Introductory Spanish 1|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$810.90|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,390.00|
- SPAN 132 or any other more advanced Spanish language paper
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- This paper is for beginners only and is not available to students who have passed NCEA Level 2 or 3 (or equivalent) in Spanish. For further information, contact the Programme Coordinator (email@example.com).
- More information link
- View further information about SPAN 131
- Teaching staff
- Paper Convenor: Dr Tiffany Trotman
- Paper Structure
- This course is divided into five units each of which introduces aspects of Spanish language and Hispanic culture.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, interdisciplinary perspective, lifelong learning, communication, critical thinking, information literacy, self-motivation. View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Required: Aula Internacional 1, Libro del alumno. Difusión. 2005.
- Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge-based outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of introductory Spanish grammatical structures
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the varied cultural perspectives within the Hispanic world
- Demonstrate an ability to perform basic linguistic tasks (reading, writing, listening and speaking in the target language)
- Evidence increased self-confidence and risk taking with basic linguistic tasks
- Demonstrate an ability to express oneself creatively in simple written and oral tasks in the target language
- Suitable for students with no prior knowledge of Spanish language.
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
|Weeks: 9-14,16-17,19-22||Mon : 09:00-09:50
or Mon : 10:-10:50
|Weeks: 9-13,16-22||Fri : 09:00-10:50
or Fri : 11:-11:50
|Weeks: 9-14,16-22||Tues : 09:00-10:50
Tues : 11:00-11:50
Tues : 14:00-15:50
or Tues, Thurs : 16:00-17:50
Wed, Thurs : 09:00-09:50
Wed : 11:-11:50
Thurs : 10:-10:50
Thurs : 13:00-14:50