A continuation of SPAN 231, further developing intermediate-level skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing and in the grammatical analysis of Spanish.
Are you interested in expanding your knowledge of Spanish? Do you want to better appreciate Hispanic cultural contributions? This paper, a continuation of SPAN 231, will give students skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing and in the grammatical analysis of Spanish.
|Paper title||Intermediate Spanish 2|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$835.20|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,435.00|
- SPAN 231 or SPAN 201.
If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to the Review and Confirm page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- SPAN 202 or SPAN 331 or any other more advanced Spanish language paper
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Students should choose the level of paper appropriate to their knowledge of the language. Students may be moved to a higher or lower level of language paper at the discretion of the Programme Co-ordinator.
- Suitable for undergraduate students interested in learning Spanish language and culture with previous experience.
- Teaching staff
- Paper Convenor: Dr Adelso Yanez
- Paper Structure
- SPAN 232 emphasises an understanding of intermediate-level grammar, the oral practice of the language and reading comprehension. The teaching methodology used in SPAN 232 is student-centred, with the lecturer/tutor acting as facilitator, and the ultimate goal is to make the students independent users of the Spanish language. The lecturer/tutor will conduct the class in Spanish, and students are expected to communicate with classmates and their lecturer/tutor in Spanish.
- Blitt, Mary Ann, Margarita Casas and Mary Copple. Exploraciones curso intermedio 4LTR press, 1st Edition (includes iLRN Printed Access Card), Published 2015
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Self-motivation,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- On completion of this paper students should be able to:
- Maintain a conversation in Spanish of 15–20 minutes
- Write compositions of up to 500 words, with the help of a Spanish-English dictionary
- Read and comprehend texts in Spanish of up to 1,200 words
- Course outline
- View the course outline for SPAN 232
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
|Weeks: 28-34,36-41||Mon, Wed : 13:00-14:50
Tues : 14:00-15:50
Thurs : 15:00-16:50