The development of communication skills in business-related and professional Spanish language to an intermediate level, with emphasis on speaking, listening, reading and writing. Students will also be introduced to the cultural protocols involved in conducting business and professional activities in Spanish-speaking countries.
This course engages students with all four language skills: speaking, reading, listening and writing at an intermediate level in which students will gain an insight into Business Spanish. Students will develop the ability to express themselves in a formal register appropriate for professional purposes. The student will engage with cultural norms to ensure appropriate communication in business correspondence.
|Paper title||Business Spanish|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$810.90|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,390.00|
- SPAN 231 or SPAN 201. You may be able to take this paper without the prerequisite if you can demonstrate the required ability. Use the special permission process to apply to do this; please proceed through the application process to reach the window for Special Permission. Please list any qualifications you have gained e.g. NCEA, and years studied, as well as a note of any other exposure to this language. This request together with any documentation you provide or request for the transfer of credit(s) will then be submitted for approval.
- SPAN 203
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- More information link
- View further information about SPAN 233
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Dr Angela Gracia
- Paper Structure
- This paper explores communicative and grammatical content suitable for an intermediate level in business correspondence and the professional world.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, communication, cultural understanding, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork, global perspective. View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
Lola Martínez/ María Lluisa Sabater, Socios 2. Curso de español orientado al mundo del trabajo.
Libro del alumno.Socios 2. Curso de español orientado al mundo del trabajo.
Libro de ejercicios. Nueva Edición, Difusión
Readings and documentaries as assigned on Blackboard
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate proficiency at an intermediate level in Business communication both oral and written
- Demonstrate awareness of the formality of a Business or professional situation
- Suitable for undergraduate students who have an intermediate level of Spanish interested in acquiring a proficiency in Spanish for professional purposes.
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
|Weeks: 28-34,36-41||Mon : 15:00-16:50
Thurs : 13:00-14:50