The development of communication skills in business-related and professional Spanish language to an intermediate level, with emphasis on speaking, listening, reading and writing. Students will also be introduced to the cultural protocols involved in conducting business and professional activities in Spanish-speaking countries.
This paper engages students with all four language skills – speaking, reading, listening and writing – at an intermediate level in which students will gain an insight into business Spanish. Students will develop the ability to express themselves in a formal register appropriate for professional purposes. The student will engage with cultural norms to ensure appropriate communication in business correspondence.
|Paper title||Business Spanish|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$835.20|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,435.00|
- SPAN 231 or SPAN 201.
If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to the Review and Confirm page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- SPAN 203
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Course outline
- View the course outline for SPAN 233
- Suitable for undergraduate students who have an intermediate level of Spanish and are interested in acquiring a proficiency in Spanish for professional purposes.
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Dr Angela Gracia
- Paper Structure
- This paper explores communicative and grammatical content suitable for an intermediate level in business correspondence and the professional world.
- Text books to be advised
Readings and documentaries as assigned on Blackboard
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural
understanding, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate proficiency at an intermediate level in business communication, both oral and written
- Demonstrate awareness of the formality of a business or professional situation
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
|Weeks: 28-34,36-41||Mon : 15:00-16:50
Thurs : 13:00-14:50