Consolidates and further develops students’ written, oral and aural skills using an approach based on real-life encounters and situations.
This course aims to improve students level in all four language skills (speaking, reading, listening and writing) at an advanced level using authentic language through which students gain an insight into Hispanic culture. Students will develop a concept of different language registers and learn to select the appropriate register according to the situation.
|Paper title||Advanced Spanish 1|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$810.90|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,390.00|
- SPAN 232 or SPAN 202. You may be able to take this paper without the prerequisite if you can demonstrate the required ability. Use the special permission process to apply to do this; please proceed through the application process to reach the window for Special Permission. Please list any qualifications you have gained e.g. NCEA, and years studied, as well as a note of any other exposure to this language. This request together with any documentation you provide or request for the transfer of credit(s) will then be submitted for approval.
- SPAN 301, SPAN 302, SPAN 332 or any other more advanced Spanish language paper
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Students should choose the level of paper appropriate to their knowledge of the language. Students may be moved to a higher or lower level of language paper at the discretion of the Programme Co-ordinator.
- More information link
- View further information about SPAN 331
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Dr Angela Gracia
- Paper Structure
- This paper explores advanced level, communicative and grammatical content.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, communication, cultural understanding, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork, global perspective. View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Required: Jaime Corpas/ Agustín Garmendia/ Carmen Soriano, AULA 3 Internacional, Difusión,
Readings and documentaries as assigned on Blackboard
APRENDE gramática y vocabulario 3, Francisca Castro Viúdez, Pilar Díaz Ballesteros, SGEL, 2006.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate advanced level, communicative and linguistic proficiency
- Demonstrate ability to communicate at an advanced level using the appropriate register in a spoken and written context
- Suitable for undergraduate students, who have an intermediate level of Spanish, interested in acquiring an advanced proficiency in Spanish.
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
|Weeks: 9-14,16-22||Thurs : 15:00-16:50|
|Weeks: 9-14,16-17,19-22||Mon : 15:00-16:50|