Consolidates and further develops students’ written, oral and aural skills using an approach based on real-life encounters and situations.
This paper aims to improve students' ability in all four language skills (speaking, reading, listening and writing) at an advanced level using authentic language through which students gain an insight into Hispanic culture. Students will develop a concept of different language registers and learn to select the appropriate register according to the situation.
|Paper title||Advanced Spanish 1|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$835.20|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,435.00|
- SPAN 232 or SPAN 202.
If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to the Review and Confirm page or email email@example.com for assistance.
- SPAN 301, SPAN 302, SPAN 332 or any other more advanced Spanish language paper
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Students should choose the level of paper appropriate to their knowledge of the language. Students may be moved to a higher or lower level of language paper at the discretion of the Programme Co-ordinator.
- Course outline
- View the course outline for SPAN 331
- Suitable for undergraduate students who have an intermediate level of Spanish and are interested in acquiring an advanced proficiency in Spanish.
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Dr Rogelio Guedea
- Paper Structure
- This paper explores advanced-level, communicative and grammatical content.
- Required: Nuevo Ven 3, Edelsa, Grupo Didascalia, 2015.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural
understanding, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate advanced-level communicative and linguistic proficiency
- Demonstrate ability to communicate at an advanced level using the appropriate register in a spoken or written context
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
|Weeks: 9-12,14-16,18-22||Mon : 15:00-16:50|
|Weeks: 9-12,14-22||Thurs : 15:00-16:50|