Consolidates and further develops students’ written, oral and aural skills at an advanced level using authentic written and spoken texts with an emphasis on registers and regional variation in Spanish.
This paper engages students with all four language skills - speaking, reading, listening and writing - at an advanced level using authentic language in which students will get an insight into Hispanic culture.
|Paper title||Advanced Spanish 2|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$868.95|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,656.70|
- SPAN 331.
If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to the Review and Submit page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Suitable for undergraduate students who have an intermediate level of Spanish, and are interested in acquiring an advanced proficiency in Spanish.
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Mr Francisco Araya
- Paper Structure
- This paper explores advanced-level, communicative and grammatical content.
- To be advised.
- Course outline
- Please contact the Department for a short course outline.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural
understanding, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to
- Demonstrate advanced-level communicative and linguistic proficiency
- Demonstrate ability to communicate at an advanced level using the appropriate register in a spoken or written context
- Teaching Arrangements
- There are three lectures per week.