Consolidates and further develops students’ written, oral and aural skills at an advanced level using authentic written and spoken texts with an emphasis on registers and regional variation in Spanish.
This course engages students with all four language skills: speaking, reading, listening and writing at an advanced level using authentic language in which students will get an inside into Hispanic culture. Students will develop a concept of different regional varieties of Spanish.
|Paper title||Advanced Spanish 2|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$810.90|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,390.00|
- SPAN 331. You may be able to take this paper without the prerequisite if you can demonstrate the required ability. Use the special permission process to apply to do this; please proceed through the application process to reach the window for Special Permission. Please list any qualifications you have gained e.g. NCEA, and years studied, as well as a note of any other exposure to this language. This request together with any documentation you provide or request for the transfer of credit(s) will then be submitted for approval.
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- More information link
- View further information on SPAN 332
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Dr Angela Gracia
- Paper Structure
- This paper explores advanced level, communicative and grammatical content.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, communication, cultural understanding, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork, global perspective. View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Required: AULA 3 Internacional Difusión, Jaime Corpas/ Agustín Garmendia/ Carmen SorianoReadings as assigned on Blackboard
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate advanced level, communicative and linguistic proficiency
- Demonstrate ability to communicate at an advanced level using the appropriate register in a spoken and written context
- Suitable for undergraduate students who have an intermediate level of Spanish interested in acquiring an advanced proficiency in Spanish.
- Teaching method
- This paper is taught On Campus
- Learning management system
|Weeks: 28-34,36-41||Mon : 12:00-13:50
Thurs : 15:00-16:50