Clinical practice combined with self-directed special topics designed to allow upgrading of general practice dentistry skills.
|Paper title||General Practice|
|Subject||Special Needs Dentistry|
|Teaching period||Full Year (29 January 2018 - 12 October 2018)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$17,992.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$31,200.00|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Course Co-ordinators: Professor Alison Rich and Professor Darryl Tong
- Medical Problems in Dentistry 6th edition or later - Crispian Scully
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- This paper is designed as an introduction to special-needs dentistry for the general dental practitioner. The candidate will acquire a basic knowledge in general medicine and pharmacology relevant to special-needs dentistry patients presenting in general practice.