A special topic in tourism that may be either a lecture programme, or an individual supervised course of study.
For further information, please contact the Department of Tourism.
|Paper title||Special Topic|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,058.71|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,692.94|
- Admission subject to approval from the Head of Department.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Tourism's website
- Teaching staff
- Please contact Dr Willem Coetzee for more information.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Cultural understanding.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to
- Understand the comprehensive, systematic study of events as social, cultural, economic and environmental phenomena and as important aspect of international business
- Recognise the major areas for advancing event knowledge and competitiveness
- Critically evaluate the key concepts of events and event tourism in the context of the study of events, tourism and professional practice
- Utilise case studies, expert opinion and professional profiles to critically evaluate and financially appraise how events and event tourism work in the real world
- Associate with the industry, research literature and encourage consultation for the use of research notes and the provision of additional readings