Preparation of a thesis proposal/preliminary thesis research. Normally taken by students in the papers year for a Master’s degree by papers and thesis.
ZOOL 495 is a paper on preparation for carrying out a research project in which students use their own research topic to fulfil the requirements for assessment. The objective of this paper is to provide students with training in the art of preparing, writing and communicating research proposals and in reviewing the literature in their own field.
|Paper title||Master's Thesis Preparation|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,010.70|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,710.93|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Convener: Dr Caroline Beck
- Paper Structure
- Four internal assignments spaced throughout the year
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The objective of this paper is to provide students with training in the art of preparing, writing and communicating research proposals and reviewing the literature in their field.